Do you use your Google Account to sign-up on most of the apps and websites? Also, have you ever used a device to log in to your Google account once and then never use it and don’t even remember where that device is? Well, we all do these things with our main account. So Google now lets you remove those third-party apps access and trusted devices from your account so it won’t be logged in anywhere and no website or app can access your data anymore.
Also, read | How to Remove Profile Picture from Google Account (Gmail, YouTube, Google Meet)
Remove third-party app access and trusted devices from Google Account
Table of Contents
What do you need?
- A device with a browser, PC would be a better choice.
- Internet Connection
- Credentials of the Google Account from which you want to remove apps and devices.
- The registered phone number to receive any confirmation pin via text.
Steps to Remove Third-party Apps Access from Google Account
1] On your PC or smartphone, open any browser and go to your Google account page.
2] Scroll down and click on Signing in to other sites under the ‘Security‘ section.
3] It will show you a list of apps and sites where you have used your account to sign-in.
4] Select the app you want to revoke access to and click on Remove Access. On confirmation pop-up, click on OK.
That’s it. You’ve now successfully revoked Google account access for the app in question.
If you remove any app access from the Google Account then the Google account will be logged out of that app. In the case of apps and games with basic permissions, you’ll be required to allow permissions if you plan to use the app again.
Steps to Remove Trusted Devices from Google Account
- Open the browser on any device and type the following web address in the address bar and hit enter.
- Scroll down on this page and you will find the “Your devices” section. It shows your recently logged in devices in a glance with time and date.
- Click the three dots menu button on the desired device which you want to remove from trusted devices.
- Click on Sign out on the menu and you will see a confirmation pop up to confirm remove the device from trusted devices.
- Once you click on Sign out on the pop-up, the device will be removed from the trusted devices and the account will be signed out automatically.
Also, read | Change Your Name, Phone Number & Other Info in Google Account
This is how you can remove third-party apps access and trusted devices from Google account without accessing that app or device. The device will be removed from your Google account and you need to sign in again to use the app. This feature is best when you lost one of your devices with a Google account signed in.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
“How to Remove Third-party Access and Trusted Devices From Google Account”,